The installation, maintenance and repair of centrifugal water pumps in the field requires highly trained personnel and specialized tools and equipment. Since our beginnings more than 90 years ago, Nickerson Company has provided comprehensive field services throughout the Intermountain West.
Today, we are staffed with multiple licensed and bonded field service crews and field technicians who are ready to quickly and efficiently address your field service needs. Our crews rely on an extensive inventory of specialized equipment, including well work rigs, cranes and a down-hole well video inspection systems.
In addition to dedicated crews and specialized equipment for pump installation and pump removal, Nickerson provides field tech services for a wide variety of pump maintenance and repair.
Field Tech Services
- Installation and removal of horizontal pumps
- Start-up service for new pumping equipment
- Vibration analysis of pumping equipment
- Preventive maintenance inspections
- Pump to motor laser alignment service
- Mechanical seal service
- Fire pump system annual testing
- Pumping system analysis and pump troubleshooting
- Megger testing of electrical motors and cables
- Field welding and pipe fitting
- Field change out of pump rotating elements
Proactive maintenance of pumping equipment is an investment in the reliability and ability of all centrifugal water pumps and systems. As such, Nickerson Company provides comprehensive preventative maintenance field services for all of our customers.
Preventative Maintenance Field Services
- Bearing lubrication
- Pump and motor vibration analysis
- Seal and packing replacement
- Pressure and flow testing
- Motor winding megger testing
- Motor amperage load analysis